Water is so very important and so easy to forget! We here at GetFruved have some tips to help you drink more water.
1. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Even though you may not think about it, fruits and veggies have high water content and can hydrate you, while remaining a wonderful and nutritious snack.
2. Always keep a bottle of water with you. I for one, always have my water bottle with me. I fill it up constantly throughout the day and drink a ton of water without even realizing it.
3. Count how many glasses you drink a day. It can be helpful for some people to keep track of how many glasses they drink a day to make sure they are drinking enough. Counting can also make you more aware of when and how much (or little) you are drinking.
4. Drink water before, during, and after exercise. When you are burning calories, it is especially important to make sure you do not get dehydrated. Always have a water bottle with you and remember to drink. If you are thirsty, then you are already becoming dehydrated.
5. Have a drink with every meal. Making sure you drink at every meal, and even snack, is a great way to start.
For more information on the science behind the health benefits of water, click here.
Another neat resource is the app Water Alert; it helps track your water and remind you when you need to drink. It allows you to set goals, which is a great way to start a habit!
Stay happy, healthy, and hydrated Fruvers!! #hydrationweek