1. Don't go to the mall hungry. Shopping is necessary during the holiday season and it can be easy to leave the house before you get a chance to eat a healthy meal. Being hungry at the mall might mean you end up waiting in a four hour line at Starbucks for your favorite frap and cake pop. Try to plan ahead and eat a nutritious meal before shopping or try bringing a healthy portable snack (banana, apple slices). You'll feel much more energized!
2. Remember to exercise. Time flies when you're having fun, and the holidays sure are fun! However, it is so important to remember to exercise over the break. One fun and easy way to do this is to keep track of your daily steps. Try to get just a few more steps every day. You will be surprised to see how many steps daily cooking, shopping, and hanging with friends will be!
3. Choose your cheats. The holiday season presents lots of opportunities to eat all the cakes, cookies, and goodies you've avoided all year - and that's okay! Try to pick just one day of the week to indulge or select a certain goodie that is your cheat. This is a simple way to help you stay on top of what you're eating.
4. Don't skip meals. Though it is the most wonderful time of the year, it is also the most busy and it is important not to skip meals. Make sure you make time to eat right even when things are crazy - your stomach will thank you later!
5. Be realistic. It is the holidays after all, so eat some cake if you want some cake. Just remember everything in moderation.
We here at GetFruved wish you the happiest of holidays!!
Image Source: "Experts Weigh in on How to Handle Holiday Food Overload." Experts Weigh In On How To Handle Holiday Food Overload. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Dec. 2015.